Course image groups have been created in ARTstor for students enrolled in certain Trinity courses. For student access, faculty have either made the course image groups public to our institution, or have provided access via shared links. See student instructions below.
Start by Creating an ARTstor account:
1. Go to ARTstor (www.artstor.org) while on the campus network. Click on enter Artstor Digital Library near the top of the page.
2. In the Log-In area at the upper right corner, click on Register.
3. A registration form will appear. Enter a valid email address and password of your choice (do not use symbols or diacritics).
4. Click Submit. You will be logged into your new account and a welcome message will display.
Note: After creating an ARTstor account while on the Trinity network, you will also be able to access ARTstor (www.artstor.org) when off the Trinity network by entering your logon credentials. This allows you to access course image groups for 120 days while away from campus without logging into the Trinity network. To reset your access to another 120 days you must log into ARTstor again while on the Trinity network.
Access your Professor's Course Image Groups:
Enter the ARTstor database and log into your ARTstor account.
1. If your professor has made the image groups public to our institution, simply choose to Browse > Image Groups > Institutional. Select your course's identifier from the Tag list. Then click on an image group from the list to the right. When the group images appear, click on any image to enlarge and view its data. You will also see options to print or download.
2. Or, if your professor is granting access to the course groups via shared links, click on one of the links which has been shared with you. All of the images in the group will be displayed. As above, click on an image thumbnail to enlarge and view image data, and to print or download.
After once using a shared link to open a course image group, the group will automatically be available to you each time you log into ARTstor. Log in. Then go to Browse > Image Groups > Shared with me. Select your course's Tag. Select an image group from the resulting list to view the images, as above.
For help contact Nancy Smith, Image Collections Librarian, A38, x4061, firstname.lastname@example.org
or Amanda Bollacker, Digital Media Librarian, A20, x4084, email@example.com
***WARNING: Uploading ARTstor images to a public website is prohibited by the terms of our license agreement with ARTstor and is not allowed.
ARTstor provides a Quiz Mode that let's you hide an image caption and test your knowledge. Open a course image group. Click on any image to enlarge, then mouse over the upper left hand corner and select the icon for full screen. At the bottom of the image select "Hide Caption" and "Quiz Mode." You can also turn "Shuffle" on to shuffle images in the group. Advance through group images via the forward or back arrows at the bottom of the screen.