Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Digital Collections & Services Digital Imaging Studio
The Digital Imaging Studio is closed to in-person visits for the duration of this semester. Staff are primarily working remotely, but are glad to help in any way that they can. For assistance please contact Amanda Matava (email@example.com) or Nancy Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mission & Services
- Support image and digitization needs of faculty and students for teaching and scholarship
- Digitize, catalog, and publish library print and image collections for online access.
- Provide image research assistance - help locate and retrieve appropriate images for teaching, presentation, course projects, and theses. May also assist in locating images for publications.
- Teach how to navigate digital collections and databases including Trinity's institutional repository. ARTstor, Wikimedia Commons, Digital Public Library of America.
- Create digital images in support of demonstrated academic or scholarly need if images are not already available digitally, or if those found online are not appropriate size, format, or rights status.
- Advise on software tools for presentation and sharing.
- Advise on metadata creation and citation.
- Consult on digitization of image or print collections. Factors to be considered include: scholarly and preservation value, uniqueness and condition of materials, descriptive metadata, availability of professional staff and equipment.