Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sign up for Padlet
- First, make a free Padlet account using your Trinity email address.
- Choose Sign Up for Free on the Padlet homepage, then Sign up with email.
- On your Padlet homepage, click Make a Padlet and choose the Canvas layout option.
Make an Essential Artist Board with Padlet
Why use Padlet?
Padlet is a digital bulletin board tool that can help you:
- Keep track of everything you find
- Organize your sources into different categories
- Make connections between sources
Add Notes to Your Padlet Board
- Record each source you find by adding a note to your Padlet board.
- Click the plus sign in the bottom right corner of your Padlet board to create a new note.
- Start by adding a title and some text to your note (see above).
- The text should include a citation for the source.
- You can also add media to your note, like files, links, photos, and more (see below).
- For articles, upload a PDF to your note.
- For websites or videos, add a link to your note.
- When you're done, click the publish button to add the note to your Padlet board.
Add Comments to Published Notes
- First, click the gear icon and enable Comments for the Padlet board in your overall Posting settings.
- Then, add comments to each of your published notes with key quotes and takeaways from the source.
- This will keep the text on each post from being too long and taking over the board.
- To add a comment, click the comment bubble in the bottom right corner of the published post.
- Type your comment where it says add comment, and then click the pink button to publish it.
Below is an example Essential Artist Padlet Board exploring the artistic influences of Dolly Parton.