Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Visual Resources Librarian
Digital Collections & Services staff are available to help!
Do you have a writing assignment requiring images? a thesis project? a group presentation? We can help with image research, navigating digital collections & databases, creating digital images, software tools, metadata and citing, or accessing course image groups in ARTstor. We are unavailable for face-to-face meetings this semester but are glad to assist and can be reached via the contact methods shown below or under our photos. Please do not hesitate to ask for help.
- Support image and digitization needs of faculty & students for teaching an scholarship.
- Digitize, catalog and publish library print & image collections for online access.
Services to Faculty & Students:
- Provide image research assistance - help to locate & retrieve appropriate images for teaching, presentation, course projects & theses. May also assist with images for publication.
- Teach how to navigate digital collections & databases including Trinity's institutional repository, ARTstor, Wikimedia Commons, Digital Public Library of America.
- Create digital images in support of demonstrated academic or scholarly need if images are not already available digitally, or if those found online are not appropriate format, size or rights status.
- Advise on software tools for presentation & sharing.
- Advise on metadata creation & citation.
- Consult on digitization of image or print collections. Factors to be considered include: scholarly & preservation value, uniqueness & condition of materials, descriptive metadata, availability of appropriate staff & equipment.